Streusel cakes from towels



Charlotte Fowkes worked programmer when her eldest daughter seriously ill. In the hospital for two to three hours, it is too little work and then it just fired. It was a serious blow-Charlotte tried to find a new job, but the sick child and the problems associated with it did not give her any chance. Then they turned their hobby to work.

"When I gave birth to her first daughter, I gave" towel cake is a slightly towels, rolled in a cake, but they were very small, poor quality and were really unusable. But I liked the idea and I was doing so "streusel cake" of the very good things for my friends. Some asked to go to their friends, but someone just asked where it can be purchased. And after leaving, I was very much needed money and I remembered those words. "She recounts.

In 1998, Charlotte opened an online shop where sets were sold from childhood dishes, diaper, cheerful sliders, which she did herself. Each product is not likely to any other, but Charlotte used purchase things for sets.

But it started not very promising: after leaving Charlotte in a depression, the patient left no relax, and the end of the day all the forces at the end. "But one day I took a hand in" Charlotte explains: "I realized that you need to earn money and become attached to this effort." The site was launched in November 1998 and by December there was not a single order, but then began a slow-growth business went even better in 2001, Charlotte opened its first "this" shop.

Now its "streusel cake" sold in 50 major stores across the country, hundreds more hospitals offer to buy its products as a gift. "Everything began with a small site and see what the end" says Charlotte. But now she earns half a million dollars a year.